Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mecca and a Cool Park


Jackson has found Mecca:



This Lego store is in a mall nearby us, and we have already visited the store several times, and spent a generous amount of time wandering the store, and an even larger amount of time listening to Jackson plan out how he wants to spend his birthday money.  Jackson is doing his part to keep the Lego Empire secure. 


Here's Mia building a Lego minfigure.  She loves showing off the "funny guys" that she makes.


Here are Jackson and Mia using the store's computer stations to create Lego stuff.  That eerie yellow glow is just a fun bonus to the Lego Store.  I'm working on a theory that the the kids are being conditioned to beg their parents for Lego products when exposed to the color yellow. 





We also visited an amazing park this weekend.  We took advantage of some cooler weather to do some outdoor stuff.  Here are the kids in the Nature Center of this park, dressed up in their "Naturalist" costumes. 



This park is really unique.  Everything to do there is nature based.  Here's Jackson channeling his inner Bear Grylls and building himself a shelter.  He's just lacking banana leaves for the roof.


Once his shelter was complete, Jackson moved on to perfecting his Cirque de Soleil routine:






 
Mia prepared a tea party.  I was elected chief taste tester.



Here's Mia rubbing a rock on her face.  I can't really explain her actions, I just laugh at them.



We even came back that evening to do a few hikes with Carson.  Here's the gang atop a giant mountain of chopped up trees.  Genius!  It costs virtually nothing, and the kids had a great time traversing a spongy mountain.


And finally, we leave you with this:

Cursing yourself for a missed business opportunity?  Maybe it's a franchise...

7 comments:

pops said...

Alot of people in our ward thought that is what our old Bishopric was always doing. " clowning for Jesus ",not really. We loved the picture of Jackson just starring at the bridge thru the window. Thank you for the pictures,we look forward to them every week.Love ya Mom and Dad

(adriane) said...

your kids crack me up. but i think your funny descriptions of what they're doing crack me up even more. i love seeing what the haps are out in NC. and please let me know how the color yellow affects your children in the near future.

ps...my mom loves these posts as well. but not nearly as much as the note she got from jackson. :)

Todd Yerkes said...

Ah Emily! You are such a witty girl! A real modern day Jane Austen. Your blog cracks me up. Keep it coming.

Todd Yerkes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Todd Yerkes said...

My computer know how shines through again! Todd got the credit for the comment I made on your blog but I'm too lazy to figure out why and change it. Your sister, Rebbie (not Todd Y aka little, big Todd)

Teresa Arnesen said...

How fun!! I wonder if there's a lego store around here.....probably not. Bummer. My girls would go crazy in a lego store like that! Even Jessica, as she loves her duplos. Love your thoughts on the 'yellow light'! LOL! I will have to show the girls the pics tomorrow, since they are currently sleeping. They will be as happy as I to follow your adventures on your blog. Sarah has already asked many times how long it will be until Jackson is back....sigh. :D

Chasing Izzy said...

Ok, how do I get into that? Clowning for Jesus? I am IN!

So we're going to have to visit NC now, just to see the cool nature park and lego store. Oh, and you guys too. ;)

miss you.